注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

搜索
查看: 719|回复: 0

今天美国总统在德州广播讲话

[复制链接]
发表于 2008-4-12 22:59:29 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
位于得克萨斯州克劳福德的-(美国商业新闻) -主席:早上好。 Fifteen months ago this week, I announced the surge. 15个月前的这个星期,我宣布猛增。 And this week, General Petraeus and Ambassador Crocker gave Congress a detailed report on the results.这一周,一般彼得雷乌斯大使克罗克给国会的一份详细的报告结果。 5 g$ P! Y* g% A( j& x6 k

Since the surge began, American and Iraqi forces have made significant progress.由于调压开始以来,美国和伊拉克部队已经取得了重大进展。 While there's more to be done, sectarian violence, civilian deaths, and military deaths are down.同时,有更多的事情要做,宗派暴力,平民死亡,军事等死亡也减少了。 Improvements in security have helped clear the way for political and economic progress.改善警卫帮助扫清道路,为政治和经济进步。 The Iraqi government has passed a budget and three major "benchmark" laws.伊拉克政府已通过了一项预算案和三大"基准"的法律。 And many economic indicators are now pointed in the right direction.和许多经济指标正指出了正确的方向。 % a' W# s5 ?$ w7 b7 f- t i

Serious and complex challenges remain in Iraq.严重和复杂的挑战,继续留在伊拉克。 Yet with the surge, a major strategic shift has occurred.不过,随着激增,一项重大的战略发生了变化。 Fifteen months ago, extremists were sowing sectarian violence; today, many mainstream Sunni and Shia are actively confronting the extremists. 15个月前,一些极端分子被播种宗派暴力;今天,有很多主流的逊尼派穆斯林和什叶派穆斯林正积极对抗极端主义分子。 Fifteen months ago, al Qaeda was using bases in Iraq to kill our troops and terrorize Iraqis; today, we have put al Qaeda on the defensive in Iraq, and now we are working to deliver a crippling blow. 15个月前,盖达组织正利用基地,在伊拉克杀害我们的部队和恐吓伊拉克人今天,我们已经把盖达组织在防守方面,在伊拉克,而现在我们正在致力于提供一个沉重的打击。 Fifteen months ago, Americans were worried about the prospect of failure in Iraq; today, thanks to the surge, we've revived the prospect of success in Iraq. 15个月前,美国人的前景感到担忧在伊拉克失败的,今天,多亏了小高潮,我们已经复苏的前景在伊拉克获得成功。 ; t# }! s. Q6 z; v2 O

This week, General Petraeus reported that security conditions have improved enough to withdraw all five surge brigades.这个星期,一般彼得雷乌斯报告说,安全条件得到改善,足以收回所有五个调压旅。 By July 31, the number of US combat brigades in Iraq will be down 25 percent from the year before. 7月31日以前,美国的一些在伊拉克的作战旅将下降25 % ,从一年前。 Beyond that, General Petraeus says he will need time to assess how this reduced American presence will affect conditions on the ground before making recommendations on further reductions.除此之外,一般彼得雷乌斯说,他将需要时间来评估如何减少美国的存在将影响地面状况,然后作出建议,就进一步裁减。 I've told him he'll have time he needs to make his assessment.我已经告诉他,他将有时间,他需要做出他的评估。 " Y! M& l! z' i! ^1 |. }

Our job in the period ahead is to stand with the Iraqi government as it makes the transition to responsibility for its own security and its own destiny.我们的工作,在今后一段时间内,是站在同伊拉克政府合作,因为这使得过渡到责任,为自身安全和掌握自己的命运。 So what would this transition look like?那么,将这个过渡样子的? On the security front, we will stay on the offense, continue to support the Iraqi security forces, continue to transfer security responsibilities to them, and move over time into an overwatch role.在安全方面,我们将继续保持攻势,继续支持伊拉克安全部队,继续移交安全责任压给他们,提出随着时间的推移成为overwatch作用。 ! ]. @) i. h9 U

On the economic front, Iraq's economy is growing.在经济方面,伊拉克的经济在增长。 Iraq is assuming responsibility for almost all the funding of large-scale reconstruction projects, and our share of security costs is dropping as well.伊拉克是承担了几乎所有的资金大规模的重建工程,并分享我们的安保费用有所降低。 On the political front, Iraq is planning to hold elections that will provide a way for Iraqis to settle disputes through the political process instead of through violence.在政治方面,伊拉克计划举行选举,这将提供一种办法,为伊拉克人,以解决争端,通过政治过程而不是通过暴力。 ; |, ^: V+ a/ K2 j

Our efforts are aimed at a clear goal: a free Iraq that can protect its people, support itself economically, and take charge of its own political affairs.我们的努力都是为了一个明确的目标:即一个自由的伊拉克,它可保护其人民的支持,本身在经济上,并负责其自己的政治事务。 And no one wants to achieve that goal more than the Iraqis themselves.没有人想实现这一目标,多伊拉克人自己。 5 ]3 w8 g* s, e/ Z( y% b( \" ^1 C8 r, P

The turnaround that our men and women in uniform have made possible in Iraq is a brilliant achievement.该转机,我们的男人和女人穿制服有可能在伊拉克是一个辉煌的成就。 And we expect that, as conditions on the ground continue to improve, they will permit us to continue the policy of return on success.同时我们预期,由于地面状况继续改善,他们将允许我们继续这项政策的回报,取得圆满成功。 + m/ m3 s1 V! T K2 r) ?; F. r

I'm confident in our success because I know the valor of the young Americans who defend us.我有信心,在我们的成功,因为我知道英勇的年轻美国人,他们为我们辩护。 This week, I commemorated the sacrifice of Michael Monsoor, a Navy SEAL who gave his life in Iraq, and became the fourth Medal of Honor recipient in the war on terror.这个星期,我是纪念牺牲的迈克尔monsoor ,海军印章的人献出了自己的生命,在伊拉克,并成为全球第四荣誉勋章受赠人在反恐战争。 On September 29, 2006, Mike and two teammates had taken a position on a rooftop when an insurgent grenade landed on the roof.于2006年9月29日,麦克和两个队友已经采取了立场上天台时,反叛分子的手榴弹降落在屋顶上。 Mike threw himself onto the grenade.麦克全身心地走上了一枚手榴弹。 One of the survivors put it this way: "Mikey looked death in the face that day and said, 'You cannot take my brothers. I will go in their stead.'"一名幸存者提出这样说:为" Mikey期待死亡,在面对这一天,并说, '你不能把我的兄弟,我会去之而起的" 。 * G6 e& b) ]$ \2 `* m- E

It is heroism like Michael Monsoor's that pays the cost of human freedom.这是英雄主义,像迈克尔monsoor的说,自付费用的人的自由。 Our prayers remain with Michael's family and with all the men and women who continue his noble fight.我们的祈祷留在迈克尔的家庭,并与所有的男人和女人继续他的崇高斗争。 We look forward to the day when they return home in victory.我们期待着有一天,当他们返回家园的胜利。 % ~: a+ q+ G+ U6 \" b8 V

Thank you for listening.谢谢各位收听。 ; I7 E" p4 C3 m. g$ t% W4 k, E( i& a

* A1 Y& o: R5 z: l* |7 \5 f+ m& ^3 x D

END j7 m* q' _ E# i' Z5 f6 g

8 g1 h# h. W v5 u% q3 y, g
; W6 O) `# J# [, b3 U
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|SINOFACE|海华网  

GMT-5, 2024-4-26 22:20